Powered By Blogger

Sunday 1 February 2009

Newcastle night out

Well last night went well....... all seemed pleased to see me and several said how nice it was to see me out, as it had been two and a half years since the last time, which was Steve Puckett's leaving do at the Wings Bar. I was amazed how cheap the beer was given the horrendous prices down on the quayside. Had a lovely couple of pints of Bass Premium which went down like water mmmm mmmmm. Liz, who is Mandy's friend seemed to be in high spirits before we even started drinking, I think she could be a good laugh at a party as the night drew on. Just before I left she was inviting everybody to Liverpool next August(2010) on a weekend away to celebrate her 40th birthday. Missed the metro I was supposed to catch home but luckily the next was only 16 minutes away. Pauline pretended to be annoyed about it but I could tell she wasn't, even had a chicken pizza cooking for me when we got home. One annoying thing, I wont find out how the rest of the night went for a few days, until I meet up with Mandy or Peter again. I start nightshift tonight, so a fairly easy set of shifts coming up with the runway closed from 10.30 pm until 6 am Mon-Fri for repairs, which, they expect to last up until the begining of April. The whole area for miles around is slowly sinking in places, around old mine workings due to the dry winters and wet summers we've had lately affecting ground movements.

No comments:

Post a Comment