Powered By Blogger

Friday 30 July 2010

All appears to be going well

It's been a week of fairly good news, which makes a change.  Firstly our new fridge arrived, we've put the old one out in the garage and it's being used to store drinks (lager, beer, pop etc) My latest visit to the physio went well, I arrived about 20 mins early and was told by the receptionist to go straight in, which I did and as everybody seemed to be busy I decided to do my second lot of exercises for that day.  I ended up doing a full days amount of repetitions before Jed was ready to see me.  I was given a couple of new exercises to try and although they were painful at first seem to be having the desired affect.  That afternoon I had to see my GP about the results of my blood test, cholesterol levels are fine but my liver function was showing signs of a 'fatty' liver.  She explained it was not too high a reading and reeled off a short list of things that could give this result.  One of which was pain killers, well with the amount of them I had taken in the five weeks prior to the test we decide to re-do the test in six months and check my thyroid at the same time.  Thursday's visit to the consultant went well, my next visit is in eight weeks, he's very pleased with the progress so far, the bone has healed so well you can hardly see the fracture line on the x-ray.  The metal work was mentioned in as far as it normally stays put once in place but there are a few odd occasions when it has to be removed and we'll worry about that IF it happens.  I called into work for a chat on the way home, the 'new' boss was there and met him again, it's the same guy that was running the place when I first started.  Our replacement buses are finally on-site, basically they're identical to the old ones just updated and working properly.  They're MANs which are a good machine, lets hope our drivers look after them.  Peter was once again pushing for a date for me to return to work, he was basically saying I could do what I want hours wise but he wants me back even if it's 5 x 8 hour shifts on light duties.  After sitting in the driver's seat on the bus the only thing that's stopping me from driving now is the fact I can't operate the handbrake, it's set behind the drivers seat to the right and although I can reach it no problem I'm unable to 'lift' the handle to release it, so I think I'm going to step up the strength exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment