Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 13 July 2010

physio 2 ...the pain continues!

Today I go and see Jed my physiotherapist for the 2nd time, he's going to be a bit upset with me, mainly because some of the exercises he gave me to do last time I've found impossible to do.  I'm getting quite a bit of movement back as time goes on, just not got any strength behind it.  Hurting my arm has opened up a right can of worms, the local health centre practise nurse has conned me into entering the Wellness Programme which is an NHS initiative aimed at men of 'a certain age' to check on their health and well being  and to try to avoid heart attacks etc.  I get to have a personal trainer for 15 sessions and 8 visits to Weight Watchers.  The PT starts by giving me the once over and working out a fitness plan for me, rather looking forward to that.  Last Thursday the nurse tried to take a blood sample to check my cholesterol level, she used one of those finger pricking things.  At first all went well, the blood flowed freely, she exclaimed "you're a right little bleeder!" , that was it! my body took exception to that remark and the blood stopped.  She tried twice more on different fingers but I wasn't going to play ball.  I now have to fast from 9 pm on Wednesday evening and drink plenty of water/tea/coffee, no sugar or milk and she's going to TRY and take blood from the back of my hand on Thursday morning.....GOOD LUCK LIZ!  The last time they tried this I ended up feeling like a pin cushion, no veins would play ball lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment