Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 15 September 2009

Not the welcome I was expecting…….

Well here I am at last in ‘sunny’ Bristol, where the sun is NOT shining, not the welcome I was expecting!  Arrived here about lunch time on Sunday after a very pleasant steady drive down from Sunderland at a sedately sixty mph.  The journey itself passed quite quickly and was not unpleasant,  due mainly to the lack of speed restrictions and traffic, the weather was also great all the way down, no rain.

Pleasantly surprised the hotel staff remember me from the last visit back in June (and they had smiles on their faces) so it seems I am welcome again.  No rude awakening at 6 am by the brewery delivery this morning which was wonderful, last time I thought the world was coming to an end and Pauline nearly came to her end with the noise they made.

I called to see my niece yesterday as arranged with her but couldn’t get an answer, luckily my son and his family returned early from their long weekend away so I spent most of the day with them instead.  I suppose I’d better go and see my nemesis of a niece, Claire today as I didn’t get to see her last time and I did sort of promise this time I would call round.  I still have to find time to see my younger brother and a few others before returning back ‘up north’ on Thursday.  I don’t know if I’ll manage it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment