Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 1 September 2010

Here we are!..............

Here we are, too many days since my last blog!  I really don't have that much happening in my life at the moment.  The return to work has been pretty uneventful though it is quite nice being back driving the bus.  I've had a letter from the Union's solicitors telling me I do not have a very good chance of getting any payout for what happened as it's very difficult to prove negligence on the part of the company.
I'm still looking for another job and have phone Arriva's Blyth Depot as they are advertising for experienced drivers and are offering a reasonable salary. It is slightly further away than the airport and an extra day a week but shorter hours and an extra £40 a week which is always welcome.
Pauline had a surprise on Monday morning, she went to the car to drive to work and .............. nothing! the battery was flat, we tried our 'jump pack' but no go.  We managed to get it going with a jump off my little diesel but she didn't take it to work, which was just as well because even after a half hour run around it would not restart off the key.  So it's looking like a new battery or looking for something that's draining the power, still I can't complain it's the first time in over 8 1/2 years the car has given up on us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment