Powered By Blogger

Thursday 28 April 2011

Things are looking good!

Following a successful interview at Arriva North-East last week I received a phone call on Tuesday asking me to go for a driving assessment at their Jesmond depot on Weds 27th at 13:30h. I duly arrived ten minutes early and waited while the Driving Instructor spoke to some people who had just finished their session. He was very surprised to see me as he thought his next one was at 15:00h. Anyway I did a short test, scoring 9/10, I lost a point over an ambiguous question which I believe according to the Highway Code I answered correctly. I will be interested to see what answer my policeman son gives me to the same question when I see him. Anyway I passed that, we then went out for a drive on one of the most rattly buses I have ever been on. Eventually I took over and drove for 40 minutes or so completing various basic manoeuvres that would be done on service. Needless to say apart from the fact I was a bit rusty having not driven a vehicle that size in normal traffic for a few years all went smoothly. What really made my day was when the instructor made an error that he had 'pulled' me up about not ten minutes earlier, he tried to hide it but I'm not stupid! Now all I have to do is wait for an appointment to see their company doctor and should then be starting a new job around June..... GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment