Powered By Blogger

Friday 22 April 2011

Confused and concerned

I had a telephone consultation on Wednesday with my doctor about the results of my latest blood test. Apparently the results were similar to the ones from July 2010 and she wants me to have a scan on my liver to ensure it is not enlarged. All the symptoms point to the cause as being obese for so many years, exercise and a balanced diet are supposed to be the best 'cure' for a 'fatty liver'. Great! that's exactly what I'm doing now! isn't it? The problem is the last test was taken BEFORE I started my Weight & Exercise Program, I'm due to have more blood taken on the 3rd of May. So do I wait for those results to come back or do I act on what I've been told now? She also mentioned my blood pressure was up... that's strange because the last one I had done it was down five points. I think I need to sort the cycle of tests and results into the correct order before panicking too much. On the weight and exercise front the news is good, I've lost eleven pounds in total in five weeks and broke the 10k barrier again yesterday at the gym, the time for each exercise also seemed to pass quicker, I came away 'glowing' like the embers of a bonfire in the wind (that was a bit poetic wasn't it?) Next session is in just under an hour and another one tomorrow, putting three in this week because I only have time for one visit next week as I'm on nights and going to Bristol on Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment