Powered By Blogger

Friday 28 May 2010

New job on the horizon?

Called into Arriva's Jesmond bus depot in Newcastle today and collected a job application form.  I decided it's for the best after sitting down and having a chat with Pauline about working at the airport and our financial situation, it's basically because I'm earning less now than I did four years ago and the situation is only going to get worse.  Before we even get a pay rise next year inflation to September has to reach an annual rate of 3%, then they will take 2.5% away, as last year's rate was a minus figure, five years on the same wage is no good.  I'm a bit nervous of learning new routes but I'm sure it won't take me too long.  Another good thing it's only half the distance I travel now, though being a five day week I'll travel 100miles instead of 160 and only 8 hour shifts, no more working all night but will still have early mornings which are no problem.  So here's to something going right for a change and a new job!

No comments:

Post a Comment