Powered By Blogger

Friday 21 May 2010

It's made my day........................

Walking through town after getting my glasses fixed at Specsavers (the bridge piece came off) and my mobile rings. I nudge Pauline "It's Peter from work!" Now I'm thinking do I let her answer or should I do it? but quickly decide that letting her answer could be dangerous. "Hello!"........"It's Peter!"  Then follows one of the most grovelling apologetic speeches I have ever heard, Pauline can hear him from five foot away and laughs.  Boy did it cheer me up! So much so we went to Pizza Hut to celebrate.  A couple of hours later when we get home, there stuck in the letter box is a letter from work telling me that everything has been cancelled and nothing will show on my employee record.  My grievance is being kept on record and the situation monitored.  Heard that Arriva buses are recruiting drivers for their Jesmond depot in Newcastle, money is about 200 a month more than I'm on now and it's a 40 hr week but I'd lose the 4 on 4 off.  That's the one thing that makes the job I have so appealing.  Plus if I leave Peter has gotten what he's after.

No comments:

Post a Comment