Powered By Blogger

Thursday 25 June 2009

A good time was……………….

Well I had a great stay in Bristol…….the weather was wonderful……the hotel great…… and very nice to see my kids again….. went to a few spots I hadn’t been to for years namely Portishead, Clevedon and Blaise Castle…… saw both of my 2 new grandchildren (Isabel and Noah)and took Thomas (the eldest, nearly two) to Kingswood Park for an hour or three to give his mum a break…… he was really very well behaved and I think he enjoyed himself….. he does a MEAN gimme five! Had to make sure Pauline or Gemma didn’t hide Isabel in their bags to take her home… she’s such a cutie!

Noah was his usual ‘big’ self…… he’s not very well after having his first lot of immunisations…. he’s going to be a real bonny lad….I think Catherine would like a couple of hours to herself as well….. The worst thing was the journey home…..bits of the motorway were closed without any warning(M32 Westbound slip onto M4) and diversions taking you miles out of the way then when you were on the motorway 50 mph restrictions …..it took over 6 hours to do what is normally a 4 1/2 hour journey.

AND FINALLY ……The Bowl Inn at Lower Almondsbury was fantastic……. had a pint called ‘OLD ROSIE’ in honour of my mum…….lovely stuff ABV of 7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment