Powered By Blogger

Thursday 2 July 2009

Well I’ve decided it’s now time……….

I’ve decided the time has come to finally do something about my general health and well being.  Starting tomorrow out go the biccies, chocs, cakes etcetera and in comes healthy eating and exercise.  We have a fully equipped gym over at the fire station at work, I will be able to use it as when I like once going through an induction course on the equipment.  Most probably it will be an hour before my first and last nightshifts and an hour after my first and last dayshifts.  I think that is plenty to go on with given my unfit state and I can build up more time/intensity as I get fitter.  They have a PI on every shift so I can ask about a controlled  fitness programme.  I’m going to give myself about 2 years to get where I want to be, given my overall health and state of fitness I think that is about right.  I am going to try my hardest and have set myself some goals which I feel I should reasonably reach in the time span.  I am aiming to lose a pound a week any more than this is a welcome bonus, I just hope I can stay motivated that long.

1 comment: