Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 20 June 2012

#I can see clearly now........ soon

Well what an eventful time it's been since my last mutterings!  I have been to Bristol to see family and some old friends (one whom I met by the strangest coincidence) I bought Thom and Izzy their birthday presents whilst there.  I know Izzy enjoyed her's and I'm hoping Thom will enjoy his next month just as much!  Noah was his usual chatty self though he did catch a dose of tonsillitis just after I left.
My first anniversary at Arriva has come and gone, we've had the roof on the garage rebuilt and felted properly, an expensive but quality job done this time, funny how builders always find problems at the point of no return during a job.
Yesterday we went and ordered ourselves some new spectacles from Specsavers, my prescription was the same as last time, just a one point upgrade on the reading portion to help with the ticket machine screen at work.  I decided to get a pair of prescription polarised sunglasses this time, my Transition lenses are okay for every day use but they do not stop the glare off things like car bodies on sunny days, only draw back it means I'll need to carry both pairs of glasses with me at work.  Pauline had a bit of a shock as her's changed quite dramatically, having said that she has been complaining about not being able to see clearly with her old glasses for a while.
The car performed excellently on the way home, 70 mpg, still not refilled yet (over 500mls later) but will need to today or tomorrow after work.  Had a drive of Kris' Clio 182 Sport, very nice it was too! I need to visit the Post Office collection centre today to get my parcel for Father's Day from Kris and Nikki, can't wait cuz it's my windscreen detailing stuff, hopefully no more greasy screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment