Powered By Blogger

Thursday 12 November 2009

Life goes on........

Well it's been almost 9 days and I haven't had a moan about anything, miracles do happen then?.  My lump sum cheque appeared and was duly deposited into my account.  On Saturday I travel to Ipswich to pick up my new motor, insurance wasn't too bad really £330 with £50 back after 120 days for fully comp for Pauline and myself, a little dearer than the Astra (£165) but it's a much better vehicle all round I think and we probably need to replace it soon anyway. Still keeping the Astra going up till next June when the tax runs out so Pauline at least has her own car to drive to work over the winter.  Her insurance was only £209 fully comp(£50 back after 120 days) so she's at least building up some personal no claims bonus this time, though she did get 30% for being a named driver for so long and not having any claims.  Most of the Xmas shopping has been done, mostly odds and sods to get now.  For some strange reason Pauline wants a DSi for Xmas and I can't think why.  Still roll on 21st of each month when the pension cheques come in lolololol.  Booked my hotel for my stay in Bristol near Xmas when I visit the family, staying at The Bowl Inn at Almondsbury again, just hope we don't have snow, that bank looks like it could prove awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment