Powered By Blogger

Friday 28 August 2009

Well it’s a long story………….

The last couple of weeks have been very trying.  Due to a stupid error of judgement I did something totally out of character that even surprised me and it nearly cost me a lot more than the £700 it has.  At the end of July a work colleague was desperately trying to hire a car to go down to Leeds General to see a friend who is on life support after a massive asthma attack.  After assuring me it was only to allow him to get a car and he would pay for it in cash when he returns it, I used my debit card details to get the car.  When the car was returned, he then unknown to me rented a further vehicle using my details.  Now all would have been okay if, in the meantime he hadn’t been caught dipping into the ‘till’.  Before he could return the second car he was suspended and not allowed within the airport site, so could not return it himself.  Several days later he gets a mate to take the vehicle back.  On the 18/08/09 another friend who had put his name down as the main driver (he did actually use the cars) get’s a bill from Avis Car Rental for £771.34.  To cut a long story short, I’ve been trying to get my money back but it looks unlikely, though Nationwide have given me a dispute form to fill in so maybe I’ll get some back who knows?.  On the bright side I’ve had news of my Unilever pension and it starts in November

No comments:

Post a Comment